Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Job Shadow

For my job shadow I went to the University of Nebraska Medical Center in the Student Life Life Confrence Center. I, along with everyone else, actually thought I was going to job shadow a doctor or nurse or something and experience first hand a day in the life of a doctor. But we acually just sat down with a guy named Sherman and he talked to us about the University and the different types of Graduate programs avaliable. He really stressed that you have to make yourself an option and to do that you have to go out and beyond and do things that sets yourself apart from other people. I really appreciated that advice. We also talked about the cost of school and how much of debt you will be in after you graduate. But, that will all be well worth it once you start getting the checks in. Even though it was a bit dissapointing to know that I wouldn't be following a doctor around it was actually worthwhile and very important for me to do that. Now I have a better understanding of graduate school and what I'm going to do to get there.

No comments: